The Norma Anders Public Library, formerly called the Dysart Public Library, became a library in 1931. It was started by the Dysart Legion Auxiliary and was housed in the Legion Hall. In 1937 it was moved into the Dysart Community Building. In November of 1942 the City Council passed an ordinance to take over the library. The council appointed the board and they took over the running of the library with a small tax levy for funding.
The Library then moved into the old fire station in 1970 which was then remodeled in 1972. After the library became too crowded in that location, it was determined that a bigger building was needed. Ground was broken for the new library in August of 2002 and the new 7250 square foot building was officially opened in July of 2003. It was then renamed the Norma Anders Public Library after the library's major benefactor.
The library currently provides nine patron computers, internet and wireless access, copy services, a meeting room and a group study room. We offer year-round children's and adult programs, access to digital resources, and interlibrary loans services.